2020 LLAIA Fly Fishing Competition on Loch Lomond
19 September- 08:00 - 16:00| £5.00
LLAIA Fly Fishing Competition on Loch Lomond
Saturday 19th September 2020
This year’s event is scheduled to be held on Loch Lomond on the date noted above and subject to any requirements and restrictions concerning COVID-19 at that time.
Angling will be from boats only and by fly only including dapping.
The competition will be open to full members of the LLAIA their guests and the general public. Not to be missed and following the popularity and success of previous events you are encouraged to put this date in your diary for what has proven to be a great day of both angling and meeting and socialising with fellow anglers.
Registration can be at Balmaha boatyard and at Vale of Leven District Angling Club between the hours of 08:00 and 09:00.
Once registered, anglers are free to begin fishing.
- Entry fee of £5 per angler will apply.
- Angling will be by fly only including dapping artificial flies.
- No trolling gear allowed in any boat taking part.
- All participants must have a valid permit for the day of the competition.
- All fish caught to be returned alive to the water. A tape measure will be supplied to each boat at registration and anglers should use this to measure the length and girth of any fish caught which will be used to estimate the weight. All fish must be photographed with the tape for the purpose of adjudication.
- Salmon, trout and sea trout will all count.
- Anglers must return for the presentation of prizes by 16:00 to the sandy spit at the North East end of Inchmurrin to declare their catches. Any angler returning after 16:00 will be disqualified.
There will be a BBQ for all competitors at the presentation of prizes. All participants are encouraged to attend whether you caught anything or not.
Please refer to LLAIA website for further details and updates