Loch Lomond Fly Fishing Competition – Saturday 19th September 2020
This year’s event will be held on Loch Lomond on the date noted above. Angling will be from boats only and by fly only including dapping.
The competition will be open to full members of the LLAIA their guests and the general public.
Corona Virus 19
Unfortunately due to covid restrictions it has been decided not to hold a post competition BBQ. All competitors must adhere to social distancing and hand cleanliness guidelines. Gels will be provided at registration centres and weigh in.
Registration can be at Balmaha boatyard and at Vale of Leven District Angling Club between the hours of 08:00 and 09:00.
Once registered, anglers are free to begin fishing.
- Entry fee of £5 per angler will apply.
- Angling will be by fly only including dapping artificial flies.
- No trolling gear allowed in any boat taking part.
- All participants must have a valid permit for the day of the competition.
- All fish caught to be returned alive to the water. A tape measure will be supplied to each boat at registration and anglers should use this to measure the length and girth of any fish caught which will be used to estimate the weight. All fish must be photographed with the tape for the purpose of adjudication.
- Salmon, trout and sea trout will all count.
- Anglers must return for the presentation of prizes by 16:00 to the sandy spit at the North East end of Inchmurrin to declare their catches. Any angler returning after 16:00 will be disqualified.
- Best overall bag – Prize “Heaviest Basket Cup ‘ + Alfa 5+ Fly Reel plus a bottle of Loch Lomond 12 year old Whisky
- Best fish of the day – Salmon or Sea Trout – Prize – SA Amplitude Fly Line plus a bottle of Loch Lomond 12 year old Whisky
- Second best fish of the day – Salmon or Sea Trout – Prize – 50 x Fario Flies and Box plus a bottle of Loch Lomond 12 year old Whisky
This will be the fourth such event. A raffle will be drawn and all proceeds from the day will once again be donated to our nominated charity the Loch Lomond Rescue Boat. Last year’s event raised £300.
Top Raffle Prizes
There are some great raffle prizes to be won, thank you to Snowbee and Luss Estates Company for their generosity in providing prizes.
- Snowbee Voucher
- Less Estates Voucher (Loch Lomond Arms Hotel)
There will be a weather watch at midday on Thursday 17th September. An update and any change of arrangements posted on the LLAIA website and Facebook page.