LLAIA Fly Fishing Competition on Loch Lomond
Saturday 29th September 2018
This competition will be held on Loch Lomond on the date noted above. Angling will be from boats only and by fly only including dapping.
The competition will be open to full members of the LLAIA their guests and the general public.
Registration can be at Balmaha boatyard and at Vale of Leven District Angling Club between the hours of 08:00 and 09:00.
Once registered anglers are free to begin fishing.
- Entry fee of £5 per angler will apply.
- Angling will be by fly only including dapping artificial flies.
- No trolling gear allowed in any boat taking part.
- All participants must have a valid permit for the day of the competition.
- All fish caught to be returned alive to the water. A tape measure will be supplied to each boat at registration and anglers should use this to measure the length of any fish caught. All fish caught must be photographed with the tape for the purpose of adjudication.
- Salmon, trout and sea trout will all count.
- Anglers must return for the presentation of prizes by 17:00 to the sandy spit at the North East end of Inchmurrin to declare their catches. Any angler returning after 17:00 will be disqualified.
There will be a BBQ for all competitors at the presentation of prizes. All participants are encouraged to attend whether you caught anything or not.
There will be prizes presented for each of the following:
Best overall bag (by length)
Best fish of the day – Salmon or Sea Trout (by length)
Second best fish of the day – Salmon or Sea Trout (by length)
Last year a total of 47 anglers took part in an excellent day out. A raffle will be drawn and all proceeds from the day will be donated to our nominated charity The Loch Lomond Rescue Boat.
This event is sponsored by Angling Active, Snowbee Fishing Tackle and Luss Estates Company